Fitbit (NYSE: FIT), the leading global wearables brand, announced last January 23 that its new smartwatch, Fitbit Ionic, will be available at major retailers across Philippines, including Digital Walker and Beyond the Box stores.
Ionic builds on Fitbit’s health and fitness expertise with a new relative SpO2 sensor, making it possible to track deeper health insights like sleep apnea in the future, industry-leading GPS tracking, on-device dynamic workouts, improved heart rate tracking, and water resistance up to 50 meters. Plus, smart features like contactless payments, on-board music, smart notifications, and a variety of popular apps and clock faces available in the Fitbit App Gallery. Ionic also has all the core features from Fitbit like up to 5 days of battery life, automatic activity and sleep tracking, and cross-platform compatibility.
“Ten years ago, Fitbit pioneered the wearables category with the introduction of its first health and fitness tracker. Since then, we have become the leading global wearables brand, setting the pace of innovation in the category and establishing the largest social fitness network that helps millions of people around the world be healthier,” said James Park, co-founder and CEO of Fitbit. “With Ionic, we are delivering what consumers have not yet seen in a smartwatch – a health and fitness first platform that combines the power of personalization and deeper insights with our most advanced technology to date, unlocking opportunities for unprecedented health tracking capabilities in the future.”
Fitbit Ionic: Everything you need, all in one device
From beginners to experienced athletes, Fitbit’s most advanced device to date offers personal, actionable guidance to motivate you to reach your goals – all while keeping you connected with apps and notifications, no matter what smartphone you have.
- Up to 5 days battery life: With multiple days of battery life on a single charge (10 hours with GPS or playing music), Ionic will outlast any activity you do during the day and still track your sleep all night.[i]
- Personal trainer with Fitbit Coach: Access on-device step-by-step instructions for 7 Min Workout, 10 Min Abs and Treasure Chest, as well as dynamic workouts that adapt based on feedback you provide on your wrist (available in 2018). [ii]
- Running companion: Automatically track your run with the new Run Detect feature that kicks in GPS tracking – just step out of the door and go; see real-time pace and distance; auto-pause to grab some water or take a breather and automatically resume when you start running.
- New swim exercise mode: With water resistance up to 50 meters, and industry-leading lap counting, use Ionic in the pool and see your real-time laps, exercise duration and calories burned for pool swims.
- Industry-leading GPS: The unique design and integrated antenna inside Ionic provide a stronger connection to GPS and GLONASS satellites, delivering industry-leading GPS performance. Leave your phone behind and see pace and distance right on your wrist, as well as record elevation climbed, split times, and a map of your walk, run or ride in the Fitbit app.
- Improved heart rate technology: Ionic has enhanced PurePulse® heart rate tracking with greater accuracy during exercises like cycling, intervals and running; better measure calorie burn, see real-time heart rate zones to optimize intensity, and track resting heart rate 24/7.
- New sensor technology: The introduction of a relative SpO2 sensor for estimating blood oxygen levels opens the potential for tracking important new indicators about your health, such as sleep apnea.
- Motivation through music: Leave your phone at home and find the motivation to jumpstart your workout by storing and playing more than 300 songs on device (2.5 GB of storage).
- Make payments using Fitbit Pay: In the future, leave your wallet and phone at home and effortlessly pay for items right from your device, wherever contactless payments are accepted.
- Smart notifications you need most: With extended smartphone notifications, receive call, text and calendar alerts, as well as notifications from apps on your smartphone like Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, Slack, Snapchat and more.
In addition to these new features, Ionic has everything you love about Fitbit – automatically track your steps, calories, floors climbed and sleep stages, see your cardio fitness level (estimated VO2 Max), maintain moments of calm and more. Read more about everything Ionic has to offer here.
Fitbit’s first wireless headphones, Fitbit Flyer, feature a durable, sweatproof design and customizable fit with an advanced sound performance for whether it’s listening to music seamlessly from Ionic, Audio Coaching from the Fitbit Coach smartphone app[iii], or staying in touch on the go.
Make Ionic your own
Ionic runs on Fitbit OS, the company’s new operating system for smartwatches that will be regularly updated to add new user experiences. This includes the launch of the Fitbit App Gallery, where you can select the apps and clock faces that appeal to you so you’re always armed with the information you want most, in a way that reflects your own personal needs and style.
Fitbit’s strongest and lightest GPS watch
As Fitbit’s first device designed fully in-house, Ionic features new processes and materials that improve weight, fit, durability, breathability and daily wear – resulting in an extremely lightweight, ergonomic design comfortable enough to wear all day and night.
- Our most advanced design: Utilizing nano-molding technology, the unibody watchcase allows it to double as the Bluetooth and GPS antenna. This construction creates a stronger GPS signal that works in busy cities or on remote trails.
- Built to last: Ionic is built to be more durable with new materials, new bands and more extensive testing than ever before.
- Easy to read display: A color, spherical glass touchscreen with crisp graphics and amplified brightness of up to 1,000 nits lets you read your stats wherever you are – in bright sunlight or a low-lit room.
- Trending styles and accessories: Ionic comes in a range of styles and colors (see below) with interchangeable Classic, Sport and Horween leather accessories so it can seamlessly transition from work to a workout or a night out.[iv]
Fitbit unveiled its Fitbit Aria 2™ Wi-Fi Smart Scale, reengineered for best-in-class accuracy and easy setup via your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection, helping you track and understand your body composition including weight, body fat percentage, lean mass and BMI.1 By syncing your data from Aria 2 with the Fitbit app, you can see all of your stats in one place making it easier to track your progress and get results. Aria 2 offers;
- Industry-leading accuracy: More accurately measure your weight, track your body composition, and view your results in the Fitbitapp to see your trends and if you’re gaining muscle, burning fat and achieving long-term results.
- Quick and seamless setup: Use your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection for a quick and easy setup and compatibility across more Wi-Fi networks; stats sync automatically to your Fitbit dashboard.
- Improved and modern design: With a striking sleek profile and bright display to view your stats, the updated interface now includes personalized icons and greetings for added motivation.
- Supports multiple users: Aria 2 will recognize eight different users so you don’t have to worry about family members or roommates seeing your stats – all of your data stays private.
New Fitbit Products: Pricing and availability
Fitbit Ionic is now available across major retail partners like Digital Walker, Beyond the Box, iBook, Timeline, The Inboxstore, iLiberty, Globe Telecom, Proton, Mobile 1, Banana Telecom, iCenter Cebu, Ambassador, Abenson, Lazada, Zalora, and Shoplite stores in Philippines. Fitbit Ionic is available in three stylish color combinations inspired by elevating everyday neutrals that fit seamlessly into your life: silver gray tracker and clasp with blue gray band, smoke gray tracker and clasp with charcoal band, or burnt orange tracker and clasp with slate blue band. The products are priced at:
Fitbit Ionic – PHP 15,690
Fitbit Flyer and Aria 2 will be available in the Philippines soon for PHP 6,790 and PHP 7,690 respectively.
The Ionic is exactly what I was hoping to see after trying out the Fitbit Blaze last year. After testing many wearables over the years, I have learned that getting the core experience right and having a battery that lets you get through at least a weekend are the main smart watch keys to satisfaction. The Fitbit Ionic seems to have a perfect mix of health apps, music playback support, and battery life to provide it with the potential for huge success. Now I can’t wait to experience Fitbit Ionic and provide you with a comprehensive review soon, so stay tuned!
[i] Battery life varies with use and other factors. Up to 10 hours using GPS or playing music.
[ii] Fitbit Ionic comes with three static workouts and one dynamic on-device workout coming soon; access to more dynamic sessions requires a subscription to Fitbit Coach.
[iii] Fitbit Coach app and Audio Coaching sessions in the app is now available. Audio Coaching sessions on Fitbit Ionic will be available in 2018.
[iv] Leather accessories are made of Horween leather and other leather materials.